Monday, June 11, 2012

Pre Notes Finals Matchup with Thunder


     I actually feel we match up pretty well in the Thunder. Everyone keeps saying how great they are in every way, I’m sure their defense is decent, but I just don’t buy that it’s as good as the Celtics defense was. I know Thabo Sefalosha is a stopper and everything, but honestly I’d rather have D-Wade go up against one bona fide stopper than face the double team. And in my opinion we have FOUR lockdown defenders. Bron, D-Wade, Shane Battier, and Udonis Haslem are all nasty tenacious on defense. I know I wouldn’t want to try to score on them. On top of that, the Thunder were DEAD LAST in the NBA in assists this year. So bring it on to the top defense of the Miami Heat.
     I know it would be a lot to ask, but if Chris Bosh wants to keep on hitting threes, that stretches the opposing defense awfully far. Plus, at any time he can slide over to his usual spot on the elbow give you that great pump fake and slash to the basket. I don't know who they really have to match up that well with Bosh. Our weakness defensively is against post presences, which OKC doesn’t really have much of. Jump shooting teams don’t scare me. Nobody hits their shots all the time, especially on a stage with the intensity of the NBA Finals. I’d rather have our superstars driving to the rack.
     But hey, we all know the most important single aspect of this series is LeBron James. You know our Heat will be watching footage of the Mavs celebrating on our home floor last year. LeBron’s gonna come out buckwild and roast ‘em, roast those oily haystacks in Oklahoma City, and exorcise the demons. OKC’s happy to be here. Heat in 6.

3 comments:

  1. OKC is the evil empire. Must be defeated

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I endorse this assessment.

    Perhaps two games, sure- but I just don't see how OKC can emerge victorious in this series just firing shots from the perimeter. KD will shine as expected, but Westbrook and Harden will need to put up huge numbers to overcome the huge holes left in their defense from the Big Three + Chalmers, and Battier's looking better and better from 3 point range every game in the playoffs...

    ReplyDelete